Every Predictions League player saw a goal in Demba Ba's future last week...and they were right. Can he repeat his performance?
The Coming Home Newcastle Predictions League rolls on, and after last week's 2-1 victory over Aston Villa, which saw goals from Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse, and Robbie Keane, we have a new leader: Rockets4LIFE.
I did forget to post a Predictions League post last week, and I apologize for that, especially if you didn't get your picks in as a result. Because of my ineptitude, I did allow picks in the Game Thread up until the first goal was scored. This week, the hard deadline will stand. Please also note the new rule, implemented after a discussion on how the scoring system could be exploited.
Jumps for rules, results, and a current table.
- Before each game, predict the winner (or you can predict a draw), the final score, and goalscorers. The deadline will be 5 minutes before kick-off (in this case, 1730 GMT on Saturday).
- Predicting the outcome correctly will give you 1 point.
- Predicting the exact score will give you 5 points. Failing to predict the exact score but getting the total number of goals correct will give you 1 point, as will predicting one half of the score. NEW RULE: If you predict a total of 6 goals or more, you are ineligible to receive points for predicting the correct goalscorers (see below). However, if 6 goals or more are actually scored, the ineligibility will be lifted. This new rule is designed to prevent people from predicting an abnormally high score in order to better their chances of earning the bonus for predicting the scorers.
- For each goal scorer you pick correctly, you earn 2 points. You may not pick more scorers than you did goals in order to hedge your bets. (In other words, if you predict a 1-0 score, you can only choose one scorer.)
- Standings will be posted each week.
- I have no plans to award prizes at this time, but we may do some contests with prizes in the future for special games, such as the derby.
Coldson – 8 pts
johnjahafanclub – 8
bcschles – 6
Robert L. Bishop – 5
Other Side of the Pillow – 4
BetterDeadThanRed – 3
lowellthehammer – 2
Pradajames – 2
wuds100 – 0
Aston Villa Results
Rockets4LIFE - 10 pts (Newcastle win 2-1, Ba & Cisse score)
BetterDeadThanRed - 8 pts (Newcastle win 2-1, Ba scores)
Other Side of the Pillow - 8 pts (Newcastle win 2-1, Ba scores)
MychalShannon1 - 6 pts (Newcastle win, Newcastle score 2, Ba & Cisse score)
bcschles - 6 pts (Newcastle win, Aston Villa score 1, Ba & Cisse score)
Robert L. Bishop - 3 pts (Aston Villa score 1, Ba scores)
Rockets4LIFE - 17 pts
bcschles - 12
Other Side of the Pillow - 12
BetterDeadThanRed - 11
Coldson - 8
johnjahafanclub - 8
Robert L. Bishop - 8
MychalShannon1 - 6
lowellthehammer - 2
Pradajames - 2
wuds100 - 0